Sunday, January 11, 2009

Goals

Goals are a tough thing. If you put them down for people to see is like putting yourself on the line. Of course keeping them secret is like your scared to admit to your goals and want a fall out plan or easy out like I never said I was going for that if you fail. I like Bob Glovers 3 goal method for races. First the dream goal if all goes right and your touched by the toe of god. Second a realistic but hard goal. The goal you walk away happy and most things went right. And thirdly the acceptable goal that you wont be upset with. If some things go right.

So heres my 3 goals for the Cleveland marathon. The miracle goal would be 4 hours or less. I would say Boston qualifier but that would take more then a miracle at this point. The second goal the one im actually shooting for is to hit 4:15. I think its possible but not easy. Definitely need some things to go my way. Its also the third time im shooting for it. Hopefully the third times the charm. And finally the third goal the acceptable one. I live with 4:30. I hope to be under it.

Now so in May this post cannt come back to haunt me it will self destruct in 10 seconds..................................

3 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

sounds like some great goals! Go for it! :o)

Some guy named John said...

I'm also an advocate of Glover's three-goal notion, and you do have a reasonable set of goals there. Heck, I'll bet your dream goal isn't as much of a dream as you imagine!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

LOL. your comment on my last post was hysterical!! thanks! I needed that! :)