Saturday, June 6, 2009

Not much


I havent felt like much to write about lately. I been running sporadicly, but did do some speedwork. Nice things about the weeks after a marathon you can say your still in marathon recovery. But I am starting to pick up some. Did some speedwork this week in anticpation of the upcoming summer races I got planned. hoping for a real fun summer of racing. One of favorite halfs in July and possibly a new (for me) 10K this summer.
I also am thinking of starting to do something new to strengthen upper body and core, starting next week. I saw these links on Just Finish! about doing 100 pushups and 200 sit ups.
one hundred push ups
two hundred sit-ups

So, the question is do I go for it? Can I stick to it the way I do with running? Both are 3 day a week plans, so I thought of alternating them and taking Saturdays off completely. Its become an off day from running too. So I would do whatever running I have planned then whatever the number of pushups or situps that are scheduled in the plan. I think it would be me Monday, wednesday and Friday pushups, and situps on Tueday, Thursday and Sunday. So has anyone esle tried either of these with any success?

2 comments:

chris mcpeake said...

Doing strengh work is always helpful especially getting some core work done. Push ups and situps are a great way to start.
cool blog

Marlene said...

You are definitely entitled to a few weeks of easy running after a marathon!

I like the idea of the push-up/sit-up challenges. Good luck!