Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cannt think of a catchy title....

I got in about 9.5 miles this morning. Did the first loop about Newport with Rick, then got joined by Bob, Suzy, Len and Ron. Beautiful morning to run it turned into a real fun run.

Now that I have had to 2 weeks to rest up from the marathon I have decided starting next week to start getting serious about it again. My goal is to run 2 to 4 more halfs, with a nice assortment of other races thrown in there. I also want to do the work to PR in at the Presque Isle half. Im making a 7 week plan to start tomorrow. I figure I should still have a good base of miles under me from marathon training, so starting mixing in some different, more, better speedwork into it and I should be to do it. I have never broken 2 hours at Presque Isle and I cannt blame the hills there. The heat, yes.

Any good half training plans out there?

3 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

Check out smart coach on runner's world.com. It creates a personalized training schedule based on how hard you want to work, desired time, etc. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

I like the smart coach program as well, but I chose one of the Higdon programs for Erie. Still not sure if I'll make the half in July.

chris mcpeake said...

Good luck on the shorter races. Your marathon base should allow you to race pretty well in the shorter stuff.