Monday, May 25, 2009

Upcoming races and Goals

Has of right now my plan is to not run a fall marathon. Please try and hide your disappointment. But in case you had any doubts about it i will be filling the summer and fall with plenty of races from 5K to Half marathon. I made a list races I can make it to and not interfere with my current work schedule. (see below) For most part there is nothing definite.

But I did set some goals for a couple races. I want to break 2 hours in the half. I only did once so I want to get a new PR, preferably at Presque Isle in July. I plan to run at least 2 more halfs this year.

My other goal is to get a PR in the 10K. I will probably run 2 to 4 of them. I ideally I hope to break 50 minutes, did 51:00 at the Peace Race last year.

Now this week coming up im just running what I feel like running, then hoping to get serious again, that gives me 7 weeks till the Presque Isle half in July. I know I have the endurance for a half just need to do more speed work. Same old story there.

Possible Races. subject to change

June
21 Dads Day Run 5 miles Shaker Heights **
27 Cardinal classic twilight 5K
28 Run for the Hills 10K Willoughby Hills *

July
4 Firecracker 4 miler Canfield
4 Stars and stripes 5k Howland
19 Presque Isle Half Erie, PA ***
25 FCA Twilight 5K Canfield
26 Amish Buggy 5K Middlefield

August
1 Star Trax 5K Salem *
16 Perfect 10 miler
16 Hamot 10K Erie
23 Safe Harbor 5K Mill Creek park

September
7 Buhl Day 5K Hermitage
13 Erie Marathon & half
13 River Run Half Cleveland
20 Apple cider festival 5K Lordstown

October
4 Peace Race 10K Youngstown
11 Towpath Marathon Half & 10K

November
1 Autumn Leaves 5 miler Kirtland
22 Cwrrc Fall Classic Half Strongsville
26 Turkey Trot 5 miler Warren

December

4 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

Nice - you've got a lot planned!! You'll be able to fill closets with all of your tshirts.

Some guy named John said...

Looks like the schedule of a race addict, alright!

Anonymous said...

Very full schedule!

Marlene said...

Had to drop by your blog because the title caught my eye. I, too, am a race addict!

Looks like you have a decent plan!

I was unable to run a spring marathon this year due to a (non-running) injury, but really enjoyed training for the shorter distances and came out of it with some nice PR's.

Good luck!