Wednesday, October 1, 2008

More............

http://www.runphotos.com/browse.cfm

Thats the officail race photos from Akron. Im bib number 982 if it doesnt take you right there. I looked but none thrilled me enough to want to order one. Maybe Im missing something, I'll take another look in a day or 2.

I talked to my buddy Rick the other day, and we are already making plans to run Cleveland marathon again. We even have a plan picked out. Its from Dean Karanazes new book about his 50 marathons in 50 days. He included some other stuff too. I think everyone puts out a marathon plan in their books this days. Or im just reading books by runners. I haven't read book yet, Rick made me a copy of it. Usually I just read thru several different plans and make something up. So maybe if I try and stick to it close has I can and see how that works out. If I do a spring marathon, Clevelands the only one I think I would be able to make, all things considered with home life.

In the mean time I plan to up my mileage. For the year im averaging about 30 miles a week. So heres my plan for rest of year. I take next week and half of easy recovery running from marathon. Then run the http://www.peacerace.org/ . Its biggest/most prestigious race in area. No expectations there, but run it for fun. Then near end of October start a slow increase in mileage. My marathon plan would start mid January so that would give me almost 3 months to improve weekly mileage. I also plan to hit a few locals 5K and probably the 5 miler Turkey Trot. Just to keep things fun. If all goes well I have some 40-45 weeks in there. I also plan to go do 2 or 3 long runs. Its a 17 mile run to loop Mill Creek park, always a good run.

No comments: