Friday, July 4, 2008

Firecracker 4 mile run

I got in a mile warm up then ran a hard tempo 4 miler. Some call it a race but I was thinking it was better to think of it has a tempo run. This usually last till I pass the starting line. So I tied on my Cleveland browns headband and went out it with what I had this morning. I still felt stuffed, too much pizza last night. ended up finishing in 33:40, (splits 8:07, 8:17, 8:49, 8:27). I had forgotten how much tough the hills at mile 3 were. I least I thought they were. I guess I finished about where I thought I would. Its one of the biggest events in area, 700-800 runners or theres about. Lot of people there lined up for the parade that follows the race. I didn't stick around for the parade, I got enough to do this afternoon cooking chickens on a spit so will be watching a fire all afternoon.

No comments: