Saturday, June 5, 2010

The podcast

http://bom1965.podbean.com/

http://itunes.apple.com/podcast/confessions-of-a-race-addict/id374847106




I had thought about starting my own podcast for a long time. I know, I know, I dont think I actually mentioned it. If you read this for some time you might know im a long time listener of running podcasts.

So this past March I started to move towards it. I purchased a cheap digital recorder (which I hope to replace in near future) I looked for a mic to attach and record while running. I haven't found one yet but have a link to get one online if I decide to. Right now I just carry it while I record. Not the greatest quality but for now it will have to do.

I then downloaded audiocity on to the computer about the same time. Audicity is used to edit a digital recording. Im still learning how to use it. Basically learning on the go. I think have made some improvements in first couple episodes.

Finally, in April I took the rcorder out with me on a run. It was a distater. Unlistenable, most of what you could hear was the sound of me running with occasional background noise of me talking. So I put it a side for a month or so and finally after running the marathon gave it another attempt, this time not running. So I had a podcast.

I named it Confessions of a race addict, any doubt where I got that from? I wasn't sure if I wanted them to be intertwined but they are about the same topics. So while I dont want this blog that I have done for so long now to become just a place where I put links and pictures I mention in podcast I know it will be used for that also. Podcasting can be more time consuming. Hopefully some of the things I did in first couple episodes wont take me has long in the future.

So if you listen to podcasts maybe give it a chance. If you dont, no worrys I plan to keep blog alive like I have been doing.






No comments: