Saturday, April 4, 2009

New Job

I went to an interview yesterday and ended up getting the job. I considered not taking it for a few reasons. First it pays less then I make when I am working. Second, I dont actually like the schedule but I can live with it. Guess I have to now. Thirdly, and this sounds funny, but it's a job they expect you to wear dress clothes at. I have very litle to wear then right now. Hopefully I hit a jackpot at a garage sale soon.

Now, why did I take? This getting laid off every couple weeks was getting to me. The new job starts lower but I think will be steadier and more income potential in future. And thats without working extra hours. Also from running standpoint it looks like it will be better on the legs. Instead of walking for 8 to 10 hours on hard concrete I will be sitting or walking in a carpeted floor. So I'm hoping thats a plus. Running wise the schedule will have an effect on my racing. After my first week of training I will be working 2-11 monday thru Thursday and Saturday 9-6. If Saturday started later I could make alot of the Saturday morning local 5K races. I figure this will save me some money. I will be off on Fridays and Sundays, which is good since Friday is golf day and I do alot of bigger races on Sunday.

I weighed the pros and cons and I am taking a chance on the new place. Its all new to me so hoping for the best. I figure I can run most days in the morning, with long run on Sunday. Might use Saturday has my rest day now. Not to worry im sure I can find plenty of races to fit in my new schedule.

No comments: